Re: 68B Steel Wheels and Tires

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 68B Steel Wheels and Tires
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:41:04 -0700
Original 165s didn't have an aspect ratio spec, but work out to about 78
(skinny). Don't know your driving habits, but I have been happy with the
Michelin 175R-14 "Rain Force" (recommended by my local Moss dealer/MG
shop). Looks like you're in Florida -- I understand when it rains, it
pours down there. This is a little taller and skinnier than the Cooper,
but still has a sporty look, and an aggressive tread pattern. I
personally like the look of a taller tire that fills up the wheel well
properly, and Lucas knows the car doesn't need to sit any lower. Cost me
a little under $60 apiece, I think. FWIW, referring to a recent thread,
my exhaust system never bottoms out with these tires <g>.

James Nazarian Jr had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149