Re: Exhaust

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhaust
From: Eric Zambori <eaz413@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 12:13:47 -0700 (PDT)
My solution to the pipe clamp woes was to get header
pipe clamps from a motorcycle shop.  These clamps can
best be described as heavy duty radiator hose clamps.
But instead of a using a screw that tightens by
threading into slots in the clamps band, it's set up
with a solid band of about 9/16" and tightens with a
bolt and an attached nyloc nut on a swivel.  They can
be set up so the nut and bolt are on the side of the
pipe with nothing extending belong the pipe itself to
get caught on speed bumps etc.  They exert even
clamping pressure without creating that one indented
section of pipe where the ubolt of a regular pipe
clamp crushes the pipe slightly.  This makes removing
the pipes later a little easier.  The clamps come in
pairs usually and cost me $12 or $13 for the two of
them.  Well worth it.

Eric Zambori