engine installation.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: engine installation.
From: MalcolmJeffcock <jeffcock@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:44:36 -0300
Listers:
        I'm seeking some advice. I have a 75 B intact and a 74 which I
recently acquired along with some engines and various other parts. One
engine is fully assembled and when I bought the car I was told that the
previous owner was about to install when his illness overcame him
resulting in the job never getting done.

        I have never installed an engine in a B. I have taken them out
and put them in in Minis but things are quite different, transverse
mount, gear box in sump etc. I have read the workshop manual on the
topic but it misses some basic things that might be too obvious to ask
but I will otherwise I'll likely botch the job.

        I have all the bolts for attaching engine to the Bell
housing...is there a gasket that goes between the engine and the bell?

        The rubber mounts are on the engine now...should I take them off
and put on the car or does it matter where they are first attached?

        Any comments about troubles to expect or tips to help avoid them
are welcome..

                Malcolm in Nova Scotia