TD Engine

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: TD Engine
From: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 19:49:48 -0500
I'm in the process of assembling my TD engine. I have a new Crane stock cam
and checked timed the camshaft according to the procedure in Horst Schach's
TD Restoration Manual. My results are that the exhaust vale is closing at
TDC and the intake valve is opening at 3 degrees BTDC. From what I
understand I would need an key with a 1 1/2 degree offset.  Am I correct so
far? The book say if you are within 2 degrees of TDC don't worry about it.
Am I close enough? I remember a little while ago someone was looking for a
source of off set keys. Was anybody successful in finding a source and is
it possible to find one with a 1 or 2 degree offset?

Thanks for the help,
Ron Olds