Clutch Stuck?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch Stuck?
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:38:06 -0400
I recently purchased a rusty 79 B. I was able to get it running and it
does run great. I cannot get the clutch to engage/disengage however and
suspect the disc has mated itself to the flywheel. I have bled the
clutch and there is considerable clutch pedal pressure so I am certain
the pressure plate is operational. I recall several "quick" cures for
freeing the disc from the flywheel short of pulling the engine. Would
appreciate any advice. Thanks. Next time I'll pay more attention.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski
http://www.bmcne.com