Re: MGB-GT's vs. Triumph GT6's

To: "Bill Holt" <lbcholt@one.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB-GT's vs. Triumph GT6's
From: "David Hill" <Davhill@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 18:54:14 +0100
Hi, Bill.

I've had both; my GT6 was a '75, with the Rotoflex/wishbone rear end.

General impressions:

For
Good fun, head turner, lusty, generally easy to fix, parts availability fair
to good. Looker, quite pleasant to drive, esp. with O/D. 2000cc straight six
sounded wonderful.

Against
Tiny, Roto rear end gave odd handling unless in *perfect* condition, that
rear end a total bitch to work on (later 'swing spring' models were better.
Felt a lot less 'together' than a B (scuttle shake, creaks and rattles).
Trunnion front end needed very regular maintenance. Crank thrust washers a
weak point.

Hope this helps,

Dave H.

Can I Telework for you? See what I do, at...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html
Troubled by a phobia? Know someone who has one? Go to...
http://www.psychomotor.co.uk