RE: MGA roadster vs MGA coupe dash

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGA roadster vs MGA coupe dash
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:17:33 -0600
>I beg to differ, Larry. I have 2 roadsters and one coupe, and guess which is my
favourite touring car? The coupe, by far!
>Bill S.
>(hair shirt reserved for race weekends)

Bill, that's exactly why I bought the coupe, and ... er, ah, well ... it's sorta
a concession to my wife!  When you own 5 British cars and want more your wise to
at least choose one she likes!

She and I participate in some long trips (500 miles, 2000 miles, etc) with the
MGCC Rocky Mountain Centre.  I thought the MGA coupe would be a perfect "touring
car".  It goes against the "I'm tough, I don't need no stinkin' top" attitude
(ah that refers to the car's top, not my wife) but hey, I'm not a kid anymore
either!

I have been racing an MGB for two years now, perhaps that gets the need for
speed out of my system????

PS where do you buy a hair shirt <grin> (I'm not saying I need one of course).

Larry Hoy