Re: Cooling Problem

To: "Mark Purtell" <purtell@students.uiuc.edu>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Cooling Problem
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:07:58 +0100
Is the electric fan cutting when it should or delaying?  I.e. does it drop
to normal when the fans finally cut in.  Can you see the thermostat getting
up to temp?  On my cars the needle creeps up from a cold start to just past
the N then drops to below the N.  Cycles up and down a few more times with
smaller swings till it stabilises at just under the N on the roadster
(mechanical fan) and on the N in the V8 (electric fans).

PaulH.