Re: testing starter motor

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: testing starter motor
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:39:00 -0700
Jason,

Perhaps the 10 volts is the drop expected on a full load test on the car.
In other words, under full load starting the car the voltage will normally
drop to about 10 volts.  This information is due to Lord Lucas in his fault
diagnosis manual.  However to test the starter with or without load, 12
volts will do at the solenoid.

Dave 72 B