Re: Full text of WhatCar? MG 25 46 75 Article

To: <barneymg@ntsource.com>, <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Full text of WhatCar? MG 25 46 75 Article
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 06:43:23 EDT
I tend to agree with Barney... the badge engineered MGs are fine and dandy and
part of MG history... They are, almost, what an MG is.

I have the worst of all BMC badge engineered MGs, the Farina Magnette Mk. III,
and I happen to love it.

I am, by chance, in the UK (at Cambridge University) and I have seen many of
the Metro Maestro Montego MGs around.  There was one of the cover of MG World
or MG Enthusiast just this last issue also.  Here, as opposed to the US, it
seems the public is quite used to MG badged hot-sedans.  There are alot of
them.  Unless we in the US get the Rover 75, (a FINE FINE automobile by the
way...  Car of the Year in several magazines... one even claimed it better than
the BMW 3-series), there is no chance of getting an MG badged sedan in America
in this product cycle... considering the America is the country that seems the
most repulsed by the idea and Britain accepts them (and buys them) I don't
really see the problem.
  I really think its a good idea to put the MG badge on to sell a few more
Rovers because if Rover is a sinking ship, MG is a passenger with it.

   _John