Re: MG Electrics

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG Electrics
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:35:56 +0000
And I will add... PLEASE check your voltage regulator.  Related to this
list last year I first noticed that a low-beam headlight went out...
then both... then tail lights (high beam still worked - you don't use
them much, you see).  When I got everything checked out I found the
voltage regulator had fried itself and I was feeding full voltage, of
course high voltage when driving, into these 12 volt devices.

The end result was replacing all lamps and lamp holders and probably a
shortened life for a lot of wiring that isn't playing up... yet.

Oh yeah, and a fried battery which has just now died much earlier than
it should have done.

I repeat the call to "check your voltage regulator"... just in case :-)

Eric