Weber DCOE

To: mgs list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber DCOE
From: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 08:01:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hey gang,

Anyone running a DCOE? Mine has gas pouring out the
rear venturi, little or nothing out the vent
(overflow). It does this when cranking, and not
touching the go pedal.

It may have been doing this all along, but I noticed
it after degreasing/washing the engine, replacing
rotor/cap/plugs and adding a K&N filter. I thought I
flooded the engine trying to start it after it's bath.
Removed the air cleaner and gas was pouring out the
rear venturi, so I waited for that to stop and let it
air out. tried to start sans filter and noticed gas
keeps pouring out as I try to start it.

I pulled the top cover expecting to see it full of
gas, but it was lower than I expected for good carb.,
maybe 1/2 inch. of gas. So I guess the needle valve
isn't bad.

Any ideas?

jon

=====
This is my list only e-mail address and it may not be
checked regularly. For personal messages, please try
jonp@altavista.net which is normally check Mon-Fri.

http://invites.yahoo.com/