RE: Weber DCOE

To: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Weber DCOE
From: Joe Short <buster_balz@operamail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 21:08:18 -0400
Mine did it once, the float was stuck. If you have the tin float, it could
also be filling with gas.

Joe
'75 Roadster lowered and loud

>===== Original Message From Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com> =====
>I'm not  sure my last message went out, so here it is again:
>
>Anyone running a DCOE? Mines dumping gas out the rear venturi when trying to
start the engine. It may have been doing this for a while, but I noticed it
when it wouldn't start after washing/degreasing the engine, replacing the
rotor/cap/plugs and
>installing a K&N filter (had to remove the DCOE's air horns to install the
K&N). I suspected I flooded it trying to start it after her bath. So I pulled
the cover off the K&N and fuel was pouring out. So, It let it finish, then let
it dry for a
>while and tried to start it. Gas started to pour while I was cranking it. I
pulled the cover, and it didn't look like a bad needle valve, because the bowl
only had about 1/2 inch of fuel in it.