Re: Magazines are dying, help out!

To: spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Magazines are dying, help out!
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 19:58:07 EDT
In a message dated 7/28/00 4:35:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo writes:

<<  I can't do the same with
 ezines.So, if you're not subscribed to some magazine,  I say help out and
 enjoy the paper. Enrique >>

Okay, so what are the favorite magazines on the list?

The New England MGT Register puts out a dandy for members -- Sacred Octagon.
I get that through membership.  Great tech pieces, interest stories and
pictures.

The two British MG mags -- MG World and MG Enthusiast -- are good, and I
usually get most issues down at the auto hobby shop (books, videos, models,
mags).  Tech is good, interest articles are erratic but generally okay.

Classic & Sports Car is good, but I've watched them trend to the higher end
over time.

There's a US mag - British Cars, that is okay.  Some good tech articles, but
very late coverage of past events and spotty warning of upcoming events.
Decent coverage of racing and some interesting special interest.

When my nece did her Girl Scout magazine drive, I signed up for the Classic
Car, but have found that it concentrates almost solely on American cars, and
covers everything on a very (and I mean very) superficial level.  No in-depth
coverage, just fluff.

There, have I done my part?  What about the rest of you? Any good ones that
I'm missing?