RE: Teens & clutches OT

To: "'Carl W French'" <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Subject: RE: Teens & clutches OT
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:42:14 -0700
Do what my dad did.  He bought an Austin Marina with a damaged transmission.
He dropped the transmission out and did a thorough rebuild so he could have
a cheap daily driver.

        I "borrowed" the car on a Friday night about a week later and went
"cruising" down on 16th street in Downtown Denver.  (It was the in thing to
do in those days, alright).  I taught myself how to drive a stick cruising
from stop light to stoplight.  At the end of the evening I dropped one of my
friends off at his house and neglected to use the clutch when hitting
reverse.  The reverse pivot pin sheared off with a bang.

        Guess who got to rebuild that gearbox.  You can be sure I never did
that again.

Kelvin.