Re: Teens & clutches OT

To: "Carl W French" <cfrench@cybertours.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Teens & clutches OT
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:04:57 -0400
My daughter recently turned 16. I sent her off to driving school (just
the local variety, not one of those like Bondurant, lest way not before I
get to go:-). They taught her the fundamentals of driving, leaving the
manual tranny part up to me. I started her out in the Midget, my only
car. She had the ususal "drop the clutch, kill the engine" problems at
the beginning. Many many laps around the drive of our development later
she was much better. She now has a Mazda 626 with a manual. The only
advice I can offer over what the others have said is the same thing told
to aspiring young musicians whne thay ask how to get to Carnegie Hall.
"Practice, Practice, Practice"

With experience comes ability.

Good Luck

Larry

PS - get him an LBC!!

At this exact moment in time 7/31/00 18:13, cfrench@cybertours.com made
the profound statement:

>  OT a little but I have procured an old Rabbit for my son with a four
>speed and I am having difficulty in explaining how to do something I can do
>in my sleep. Can anyone put shifting into words or know of a URL I could
>get to for help on this. We now have a brand new clutch and I do not want
>to kill that one before it's time.
>
>Carl

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu