Re: MGB-GT stable mates (No MG Content

To: Tomsaudi@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB-GT stable mates (No MG Content
From: RO Lindsay <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 08:16:58 -0500
Tom.
   Thanks for your note.  The Ferrari that you have seen was cosmetically
a nightmare.  I know.  I watched it get that way.  The car is however,
mechanically perfect.  Every mechanical aspect from bearings, brake
calipers to main bearings and cam belts is new.  While the cosmetics
were 1.0 the mechanicals are 10.1.
   This car is of particular interest because it is a dry sump, European
specification berlinetta.  The dry sump means no oil starvation as all oiling
is done under pressure from a 5 litre tank with the sump scavenged by
dual gear driven scavenger pumps.  The berlinetta body is quite rigid
owing to the closed construction.  The front storage compartment is
aluminum and the valences are fibreglass.  ALL of that is as delivered
by the factory.
   Today, all rusted metal is replaced with correct new panels, inside
and out.  The car is repainted bright silver and the interior is preped
for new leather.  As it sets, it's worth over $35,000.