Re: MGB-GT stable mates (No MG Content

To: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Subject: Re: MGB-GT stable mates (No MG Content
From: RO Lindsay <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 16:16:51 -0500
James, a minor service on a 308 is about $1000 if done at the dealer
and is due about every 15k miles.  Cam belts should be changed every
30k miles.  Cost: $25 for the belts, $1500 for all the other stuff they do
like adjusting the valves, etc..  Expensive?  Yes.  However, doing it is
why a $25,000 car is still worth at least $25,000 a year later.  I write the
service costs off against the normal depreciation of other cars.  And yes,
$25,000 will buy a quite nice 308GTB or 308GTS.  $35,000 will buy a
STUNNING example.
   A major service, if done in your garage is a pretty big block of your time
but can be done under $500. :-)

Best,

Rick