Odd starting problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Odd starting problem
From: Geoffrey Gallaway <geoffeg@sloth.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 15:21:30 -0400 (EDT)
I've recently encountered a strange problem on my 70 BGT...

If the car has been parked for a while (4 or more hours) it will die after
driving a quarter mile or less. The solution I have found it to whack the
fuel pump a bit with a mallet, the fuel pump spins for a sec and the car
starts. I have no problems while driving and it only happens once per
start..

Any ideas?
Geoff

--
Geoffrey Gallaway || Programming the X Window System is like trying to find
geoffeg@sloth.org || the square root of pi using Roman numerals.