Re: Odd starting problem

To: "Geoffrey Gallaway" <geoffeg@sloth.org>,
Subject: Re: Odd starting problem
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 19:19:58 +0100
Are you sure it isn't a blocked filler cap (non-emissions systems) or
blocked emissions hoses?  Try removing the cap when it happens, with
ignition still on, and see if the pump bursts into life again.  Otherwise
check the voltage right at the pump terminals under the same conditions.  If
your pump is in the original location you will probably need to run a couple
of wires up from the pump spades to a more accessible location.  If it
proves to be lack of power to the pump that will also allow you to jury-rig
a supply to the pump till you get home and can find the real problem.

PaulH.