Oil Pressure Relief Valve

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pressure Relief Valve
From: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 15:42:47 -0400
Listers,

I just replaced my oil pressure relief valve and after a very long effort
found an idea I would like to share with all who may need to do this in the
future.

I had the carbs off as I was doing a rebuild and this gave a level of access
to the oil pressure valve. After remove the old I stated to replace the new
and was having a devil of a time trying to get the nut started. I end up
using a 3/4" socket behind the nut to push it into place with my right hand
and this allowed my other hand to be used to start threading the nut. This
worked much better then using my bare hand to try to fit the nut, the spring
is too strong to control it and thread it with one bare hand. The socket
helped to square the nut to the hole. Hope this makes an easier job for some
other listers...

Later...

Frank Phillips
fwp@ufl.edu