Re: Bad night on way to Dayton ;(

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bad night on way to Dayton ;(
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@core.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 23:43:30 -0400
Barney -

I hate to say it, but it was Jeff's MGA that started making horrible
noises.  He called me last night (thinking I lived closer to Dayton than
I do).  We did some diagnosis on the phone.  At first we thought that a
valve adjustment had come loose and opened up, so Jeff decided to press
on at least until he could get somewhere with enough light to check the
valve lash.

He called me back later and said that a loud thump had preceded a rather
impressive array of new sounds, which I listen to over his cell phone,
and it sounded definitely Not Good.  When I suggested that he pull the
oil cap and check to see if the crankcase was venting heavily, his
comment was something like "Oh my God!"  That was when he called the
flatbed.

Jeff, if you're reading this, sorry I wasn't closer, wiser, and more
able to help.  Here's hoping you get the A back in operation easily and
soon.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@core.com