Bad night on way to Dayton ;(

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bad night on way to Dayton ;(
From: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 04:41:59 EDT
Well drove to Dayton tonight to take in the show here and do a little
vending.  About 50 miles from Dayton, engine failed.  Seems to have
antifreeze in oil now....looks like rebuild time :(  Sort of sad to see my
baby on the flat bed with my LBCarCo trailer attached to it.

Still will be at show, going to take cab there in AM with my lovely wife,
then figure out how we will get home I guess.

The engine has never been that great since I got the car about 18 months ago,
we had the engine out once and had hoped the fix would work but appears it
did not.  The engine had a rebuild about 12K ago, but the previous owner had
put a Judson on it for the 2,000 he drove the car. and my guess is that it
put so much strain on the engine that it just weaked it.  The other problem
is the Judson masks the sounds of the engine so you really never know what is
going on with it.

May have to take my dear wife's  (note the dear and lovely....she is not a
happy camper at the moment, she never really liked our  LBC's....much less
the ride in the flatbed cab and our 3:30AM arrival at the motel ;))))) car to
Roadster Factory party next week, what a bummer, but I don't have a hitch on
the Magnette or the B and need the trailer.

See you at Dayton for those that are going to be there.

Jeff Zorn
Little British Car Co. / Vintage Motors, Ltd.
www.LBCarCo.com

Also visit the premier MGA Website
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/namgar