Re: Too much traffic

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: Too much traffic
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 22:47:12 -0400
> Three suggestions:
>
> 1. If the volume is too excessive, go to the digest and get one large email
> per day.
> 2. Use the filtering function of your email program to dump all your mg
> list email into one mailbox or folder, then delete or read as time permits.

  I agree with #2, but IMHO with #2 in use the digest actually becomes
a pain.

  ...at list in direct mode, all the MG stuff filters together, and
can be sorted by subject.

  Then at least if you start to get that "glazed over" look in your
eyes reading gun nut ramblings or the like, you can delete the whole
messy thread.

  With digest, you keep seeing the same stuff as you scroll.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca