Re: Bleeding C

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bleeding C
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 09:15:41 -0700
Neil,

Just a thought,  maybe you need to bleed the m/c to get started.  If it was
drained, it could be hard to get it started pumping fluid again.  I don't
have a servo on my B, but have never bleed brakes any differently on cars
with a servo, so don't see why you should be having problems except that
your lines are full of air and since air compresses so easily, it will take
a lot of effort to get the fluid flowing again.  I just helped my
brother-in-law bleed the brakes on his 68 'vette after rebuilding the
calipers and replacing lines.  It took forever to get a hard pedal back on
it as well.  It also has a servo and 4 pistons per caliper that were full of
air.

Good luck on your newest projects,

Dave 72 B