Re: Removal of Gas Cap

To: Justin Lehrer <justinl8@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Removal of Gas Cap
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:37:17 -0400
Justin,

     It's very easy to remove the filler tube (neck of the gas tank).  Just
loosen the hose clamp inside of the trunk, squirt a little lubricant on/in the
rubber ferrule, and you can twist the tube out.  Makes it easier to work on
and, if necessary you can put some gas in while you're at it.  If you take the
tube, w/cap, to a locksmith he could probably get it off
for you.  Although, if you've already given it the screwdriver treatment, other
methods might be required.  Good luck.

--
Bud Krueger
http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/