Re: Removal of Gas Cap

To: "Justin Lehrer" <justinl8@yahoo.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Removal of Gas Cap
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:41:24 -0700
Hmm, my locking gas cap seems to be some kind of OEM equipment, since it
uses the same key blank as my ignition switch. In fact, the ignition key
works in it with a bit of fiddling (and vice versa). Have you tried some
other key of similar dimensions? Those gas caps are not remarkable for
the precision of the locks. Otherwise, the suggestion of pulling the
whole filler neck should work, since the level is low in the tank.

Justin Lehrer had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149