Re: OD

To: RL Chrysler <lchrysl@fhs.csu.McMaster.CA>
Subject: Re: OD
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 06:00:21 -0500
Hi Rich,

  Well, the OD gearbox has a filter in it.  You want the gook to stay in
the oil so that the filter can grab it.  According to what I read
recently in my Haynes manual, that "suspension" business applies mainly
to carbon byproducts.  That's why the oil turns black in an engine.  The
other additives are there to neutralize the other  byproducts of
combustion.

  CR