Re: OD

To: "Charley & Peggy Robinson" <ccrobins@ktc.com>,
Subject: Re: OD
From: "RL Chrysler" <lchrysl@fhs.csu.McMaster.CA>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:13:47 -0400
The way I always understood it, you don't want a detergent oil because by
it's nature, it keeps everything in suspension and circulating, whereas a
non detergent oil allows contaminants to settle to the bottom, and stay
there.
Regarding a 90wt. oil, this is a high pressure hypoid type oil, with a high
sulphur content, which will glaze the cone clutch lining in the overdrive,
and allow slippage.
Rich Chrysler