Re: What is the problem with suppliers?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What is the problem with suppliers?
From: Glenn Schnittke <schnittke@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 00:25:23 -0500
>Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:35:42 -0500
>From: Ray Kunst <RKunst@C-K.com>
>Subject: What is the problem with suppliers?
>
>Hello MG Friends,What is the problem with suppliers?

deleted for brevity...

>what I plan to do.Be forewarned,M & G Vintage Auto Owner: George1 Route
17, >P.O. Box 226  Tuxedo, NY 10987  www.vintageautogroup.com Tel.
914.753.5900    >Fax. 914.753.5613e-mail:  romancars@hotmail.com

In '97 I got the same thing from them. You can still see this post on the
Monster list. I recommend calling the BBB and adding your story to the
Monster List. I also advise looking through the list when about to deal
with a vendor you haven't used before.

I wrote:

>5/17/97 I ordered a fender mirror from them. Since it was the first
>time I had dealt with them, I asked about their return policy,
>turnaround time, etc., the usual things you ask a new vendor. I was
>told I would have the mirror in ten days and everything else seemed
>fine so I said OK, send it. Over two weeks later and no mirror, I
>called to ask on the status. On the first call I was told "I'll check
>on it and call you right back". Several hours later I called back and
>was told most of the shop had gone to a car show last week and the
>remaining staff had just not sent it out, but "I'll check on it and
>call you back in ten minutes". Half an hour later I called back again
>and asked to speak to the owner, who I had been told was George Kroupp.
>I got connected to a George Madinsky, who said HE was the owner. He
>told me "When you ordered your mirror, my parts guy came back to the
>shop to ask me about it, and I told him you were just some joker who
>was just going to return it because you didn't like the finish, and
>told him to blow it off". When I protested, He said "I pay my parts men
>$15 an hour to pack up a $20 mirror just so a yutz like you can send it
>back and restock it? How am I supposed to stay in business?" He then
>hung up, (I was being charged $45.)
>  I called back the next day to talk to George Kruopp. He said HE was
>the owner and took the same tack, bitching me out for objecting to
>the $25 restock fee, (I hadn't) and when I told him that with this kind
>of treatment, I was going to inform the BBB about their practices, he
>told me (verbatim) "Well, you'd better write it on a piece of brown
>paper and shove it up your ass".
>  I called Moss, found out they did indeed have the part, and ordered it for
>$5 less. When I informed the list about the incident, every message I got
>from anyone who'd dealt with them complaines of the same or worse.

I'm amazed these guys are still in business.

Glenn
Glenn Schnittke
schnittke@mindspring.com
Home: 615-385-2800