Re: chekstrap question

To: xirias@hol.gr
Subject: Re: chekstrap question
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:20:56 -0400
Evangelos,
  The real purpose of the check straps is to keep the lever dampers
(shock absorbers) from coming to the end of their movement.  If you
belive the straps are wrong, disconnect one damper lever and pull the
lever down as far as it will go. Then lift the car and see if the check
strap holds axle safely above the damper's limit.
  Spring height is a constant issue on this list.  Paul Hunt's website
has a report of car heights that may help you determine if you do or
don't have the "correct" springs.  You can compare wheel center to chrome
strip measurements with other cars on the chart.
Bob