Sad news...

To: DENNIS COX <djc@appsig.com>, MG Listserver <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sad news...
From: RO Lindsay <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:49:59 -0500
Hi Gang.
   As you may know, I have been on the edge of completing
a deal on a '69 MGB-GT.  The car was reported to be in
restored condition -- until it suffered a flood last May.  Today
I got to examine the car in detail and regrettably, I have to walk
away from it.  Even if it were free, there is too much to be done
to make it roadworthy.  Sadly, if the insurance company had
settled within the first week, the car could have been saved!
Too much rust has now accumulated AND the engine is still
full of water.
  So I am MG-less again.  It's funny, I have a stunning Ferrari
that is impeccably restored but it is still the MG that gets me
excited.  I guess the cars that you grow up with really do get
under your skin.
   Thanks to all of you for the great advice.  There will be another.
It will be mine.  Oh yes, it will be mine. :-)

With best regards,

Rick