Re: chekstrap question & measurements

To: "Evangelos Makris" <xirias@hol.gr>
Subject: Re: chekstrap question & measurements
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 20:19:20 +0100
Well, 17" is very high - so high it is off the top of my chart.  It should
really be around 15" with a stock setup.

I don't have a CB GT but my CB roadster and my RB factory V8 GT both exhibit
very similar shackle position and spring shape - the lower shackle pin is
about 5/8" behind the upper shackle pin, and the springs are almost flat.
This is with relatively new CB roadster springs and old GT springs.

Your checkstrap length seems correct from what someone else with a 73 has
said elsewhere.

It seems to me your springs either have too much arch or are too high a
upside down and measure the distance from the top of the top leaf to the
ground and I will compare it with my RB roadster springs - again not an
exact match with yours but it should give us an idea if the arch is badly
wrong.

PaulH.