Re: choke cable trouble

To: "xirias" <xirias@hol.gr>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: choke cable trouble
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 18:52:06 +0100
Whichever angle it comes from make sure it has a clear path to the linkages
*when under tension*.  It is possible to route it to have a clear path when
fully home, but as you pull it out the sheath can move and foul something
else.  The other thing to check is the angle the lever on the carb linkage
makes with the cable - when the choke is half-way out it should be a
right-angle.  If it only makes a right-angle when fully out it will be
stiffer at the start of its travel.  That and checking the cable and sheath
are sound and have no broken strands or corrosion, and are lubricated.

PaulH.