RE: Dripping gas on foot

To: "Justin Lehrer" <justinl8@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dripping gas on foot
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 14:38:21 -0600
Justin, if it is leaking on your foot check the gas line connection just behind
the carb on the ledge of the firewall, just to the right of the brake box.  I've
not owned any rubber bumper cars but the chrome bumper cars have a fuel line
connection right there.  It probably needs to be replaced or tightened.  If you
have an SU pump it will pump up pressure when the key is on, and when it has
reached sufficient pressure it will stop pumping, so that line is pressurized
even when the engine isn't running.  If the pump never quits pumping that's a
clue too.

It could be your float in the carb but I would suspect your feet would have to
go through the firewall to get fuel on them if it is the float.

Larry Hoy