Re: Why does oil cost so much in the UK? (non lbc)

To: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why does oil cost so much in the UK? (non lbc)
From: Enrique Claure <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:40:30 -0700
Paul n All, I was in the UK a year ago and it was bloody expensive to put
in UK terms. Eleven quid for a gallon of gas is just out of this world.
Here in Bolivia I pay 3.2U$ a gallon after the recent market events.

All this brings to memory a movie I saw with Ethan Hawke and Uma
Thurman(sp) called Gataca. I won't go into details but the movie featured
several classic cars (Citroen, Rover...)  that when running made that whizz
sound of electric motors.  I see in the not so distant future our MG's with
torquey electric motors due to gas prices or shortage.  Let hope Lucas is
not stamped on them. Enrique
SPAN Inc HeadQuarter
PO BOX 6524
La Paz Bolivia