Re: Cracked Head?

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Subject: Re: Cracked Head?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:04:17 -0600
Thanks for the info. The head on my 71BGT came off a newer 18V engine
(reportedly an Austin Marina) and it has that water choke thingy (blocked
off of course). So if Mark really needs a head and can't find one, I'd sell
the good one off my 71BGT for the cost or maybe near the cost for me to get
my spare '73 head operational as a replacement - whatever a valve job costs
these days. I kept the newer head on because I had a valve job done on it a
year before I replaced the block, and another  head came with the block.
However, that was about 15 years ago and 100,000+ miles but the newer head
still appears to be running strong.

David