RE: Waterloo Drivetrain Systems/British European Motors

To: "John J. Black" <helejohn@neteze.com>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Waterloo Drivetrain Systems/British European Motors
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:47:23 -0600
Hi John,  just a comment on your club situation.  In Denver there are several
clubs catering to specific models/marques.  For instance MGTs, MGs, TRs,
Jaguars, etc.  But just about 50 miles north of Denver in Ft Collins (same
relationship as Sonoma and San Francisco) there is the British Motoring Club of
Northern Colorado.  The BMCNC is a multi-marque club.  I find it fun to attend
BMCNC events because of the variety of marques, and of course the friendly
rivalry that goes on.  At any rate, my suggestion is you try to start up an all
British car club, I think you'll find it to be fun.

I wasn't in on the beginnings of that club but basically about 3 years ago
Patrick Fitzhorn went to all the car related businesses (repair shops, tire
stores, auto body shops, parts stores, even universities, etc), and put up a
flyer about the new British car club.  He included a meeting date, time and
place.  He showed up and waited, guess what, about a dozen people showed.  Most
of those are still active in the club.  They now have about 70 members
representing more than 100 cars from all over northern Colorado.

Give it a try.

Larry Hoy