Re: 3 synchro overdrive tranny weight

To: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Subject: Re: 3 synchro overdrive tranny weight
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:57:21 -0700
Hmm, I recently bought one and had it shipped from Connecticut to
Seattle.  It was strapped to a pallet and cost me $200 to ship via
truck.  I'll see if I can find the receipt and let you know if it has
the weight on it. These things are getting pretty rare, it shouldn't be
too hard to find someone who will buy it and pay for shipping if this
guy doesn't.

You can weigh it on a bathroom scale, it should be about 75 pounds.
Pallets I don't know, but palleting is the only safe way to ship it
since it will be forklifted around instead of tossed.  They tend to
crack when they hit the ground!

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle