Re: Problem with starter motor?

To: "Skye Poier" <skye@ffwd.cx>, "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Problem with starter motor?
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 19:50:08 +0100
Hmmm, that's an interesting one.  If the warning light isn't working one
wouldn't notice if the alternator/dynamo had failed, and hence the battery
would eventually run down, and therefore the car wouldn't start.  However
the failed lamp on its own doesn't prevent starting.  It might, just might,
prevent the alternator from charging, but then only an idiot drives round
with a failed ignition warning lamp.

PaulH.