Re: Problem with starter motor?

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Problem with starter motor?
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 15:12:23 -0700
George:

You can disconnect a battery incorrectly by trying to remove the hot lead first,
and having your wrench hit the chassis while on the bolt and watching the sparks
fly along with the possibility of having to visit the hospital emergency room to
try and save your eye sight before the acid eats up your face!  On early MG's
with positive grounds, that means to disconnect the positive lead, ground, first
at the battery.

As a good safety measure, save those plastic caps that come on new batteries and
place them on the terminals as you remove each cable.  Put them on when washing
the battery too.

Blake