Winter Rebuild

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Winter Rebuild
From: "Michael E. Blair" <mblair@nfis.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 11:52:59 -0400
Hi All,

I am getting ready to pull my 78B off the road for the winter to do a full
rebuild. Some questions I hope someone out there can answer.

1. Any reason to go with everything new including pistons. For example,
Brit-Tek has a major and a minor rebuild and I am not sure which to go with.
The car runs great now (60K), no smoke or oil usage(amazing)... has around
110-120 compression per cylinder. I definitely want to upgrade the cam while
I am in there.

2. What order should I perform this. Buy parts, then machine shop... or tear
down, machine shop then buy parts?

3. Any suggestions for a machine shop that has MG experience? I am in the
Hagerstown/Frederick, MD area but I could send everything out to someone I
guess.

4. Kind of related to 3, anyone in particular I should send the head to to
get it worked over?

Thanks for any help!!

Mike