Re: Close call over heating

To: "Enrique Claure" <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>,
Subject: Re: Close call over heating
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 16:52:34 +0100
This confirms my experiences concerning the temp gauge sender - if it isn't
in contact with water it doesn't show a rising indication until the head has
got hot enough for the heat to travel through the threads and down to the
business end of the sensor i.e. very hot.  My V8 burst a hose recently and
is was only a misfire under acceleration (water in the HT) that alerted me
to possible problems.  Paradoxically if is *is* in contact with coolant on a
very hot day (c100 degrees C) it gets into the red but runs fine.  I hope
your engine didn't overheat too much, Enrique.

PaulH.