Re: Hood (Bonnet) release.

To: "Chris Thompson" <ct@cthompson.com>
Subject: Re: Hood (Bonnet) release.
From: "1979MGB" <1979mgb@vixa.voyager.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:31:53 -0400
Chris,

As I think one other lister told you - before doing anything rash have
someone push or "bounce" the hood in the area of the latch while someone
else pulls the knob on the release cable.  You may have to hit kinda hard
but stop short of denting the hood if possible.  If you can hit one side
then the other to try to push it back and forth a little sideways this
sometimes helps too.

the problem with getting to the latch is its behind the grill so you can't
reach it.  Where are you located?  Maybe you can put out a request for
someone in your area that you can hook up with and see what the latch looks
like on their car so you know what your dealing with.

Good luck.

Denny