Re: Metal adhesives vs. welding

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Metal adhesives vs. welding
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@home.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 08:33:00 -0700
        There is a stuff called Marine Tex. It comes in various colors and is
very tough indeed. Fabricated a new trailing edge for my rudder with it
and it held up to 5 years of SF Bay sailing. I believe it's epoxy with a
powdered bronze filler.

        I should think that as long as it isn't a structural area, using
something like Marine Tex would work fine. You will want to remove all
the rust before going in with the epoxy.

        Regards,
        Dave Ambrose