Re: where is the timing mark?!

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: where is the timing mark?!
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:52:29 EDT
In a message dated 10/18/00 2:26:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
paul.hunt1@virgin.net writes:

<< No.1 cylinder
 *must* be getting its spark at about the correct time i.e. TDC for that
 cylinder and No.3 must be getting its spark half a crankshaft revolution
 after that.   >>

Paul;
Where will No. 2 get it't spark?  If the wires are reversed No.2 will appear
to be No.3.  I know that if the wires are reversed the engine will run
surprisingly well leaving you to think it just needs a little tune.
Boy was I surprised when I found that after driving the car for a while.
They must have been that way when I got it.  There's that DPO again.

George
'76 MGB driver