Re: where is the timing mark?!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: where is the timing mark?!
From: xirias <xirias@hol.gr>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:06:45 +0300
It turned out that timing was at 11 degrees BTDC @ 1,000 rpm, so I retarded it
to 8 degrees at 1,000 rpm and that cured the running on problem. However the car
doesn't pull as nicely as it did before, I think. Just a tad more reluctant than
it used to be, oh well.

As to the idle speed, it cannot go below 700-750 rpm because the engine shakes a
lot which I'm sure means wear to the rubber mounts and goes out easily. So I'll
keep it at 850. Fuel is leaded "super" at 96 octane, the only leaded type
available here. Mixture must be slightly lean as the plugs have a nice biscuit
colour and emissions are halfway, at 2% (max allowed here is 4,5%). I don't want
to mess with that as the police in unmarked cars can stop you and check
emissions anywhere!

Thank you for your help, it has been invaluable.
Evangelos, 73 BGT