Seat height

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat height
From: "Richard Spurling" <hobbes@senet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:41:58 +0930
I have a '76 MG B. I'm 6' tall. This means that I look straight through the
top frame of the windscreen. I actually have lousy visibility in a car with
no roof! I've tried reclining the seat, slouching in the seat, peering over
the top. None work so I am going to have to either raise the top of the
windscreen (err, perhaps not) or drop my seat. The seat is not over stuffed,
so I am looking at lowering the seat in the car. Has anyone done this? Does
anyone have any thoughts on how it can be done? Do those silly wooden slats
under the seat rails do anything - if not, is removing them a sensible
option (gee, that'd gain me a whole quarter inch)?

Cheers
Richard
'76 B type - the ones with the sexy black bumpers
         Anne and Richard Spurling
 http://www.geocities.com/twisted-lines