Re: Eastwood panel adhesive

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Eastwood panel adhesive
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 08:51:52 EDT
Panel adhesive is quite different.  It will not have the shear strength or
tensil strength of the Fusor product.  Also it will not have the adhesive
strength.
Also it will not harden to a product that can be sanded and finished as the
Fusor product will.  The panel adhesive will have a lot of flexibility, more
than Fusor but that is often a disadvantage.

If finishing does not matter and you want flexibility and a single part
adhesive that will have adequate strength and adhesion for automotive
applications I recomend a urethane adhesive.  My personnal favorite is Sika
Flex.  Although it is used by automakers for cvarious applications I dont
think you will find it in auto stores.  Marine stores will have it in white
and black.  Another is 3M 5200.  This is somewhat less viscous, takes longer
to setup, and is slightly lower in tensil &* shear strength.  3M has also
introduced a faster curing version recently but I have no experience with
that product.
Don't try to patch your car with panel adhesive.  It's cheap, and you will
not be getting anything here that you haven't paid for.

George