Re: rear end question

To: "Bill King" <kingwj@del.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear end question
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:53:35 -0800
Bill,

The early (banjo-style) MGB rear axle will fit into the MGA with no
difficulty. Using the later style (Salisbury) will require modification to
the handbrake linkage. However, if you find an MGB banjo axle, you can
simply transfer the diff. unit to your MGA housing and not worry about track
changes, wheel offsets, brakes, etc.

If your MGA is an early car, the splines in the diff where the axle fits
will be different from the B but you can use the spider gears from the A
diff in the B diff when you change the thrust washers - probably something
you should do when installing a used rear end anyway.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center